Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We're Moving!

Hello blog world. I have been lurking in the shadows for years reading and enjoying my friend's blogs. I always thought it'd be fun to have my own blog, but was never sure what I would blog about... until last week. We are about to embark on an adventure from Lexington, Kentucky to Lexington, South Carolina so I don't think I'll run out of things to write about anytime soon. My hope is that this blog will create a way for our friends and family to follow along the journey with us!

I love Kentucky. After 11 years living here I truly bleed blue, and while there's a huge list of things I will miss about Kentucky (hmm... sounds like an idea for a future blog post), one thing that's not on the list for either of us are our current jobs. So, when the opportunity for a new job (a job Matt might actually enjoy getting out of bed for) came up, we knew it was time to move on. I'm excited and sad at the same time. It's really starting to sink in as we scramble to get our house ready to put on the market.

When we bought our house in 2006 people told us "there's no place like your first house" and they were right. It's not a house. It's home.



We're busy right now updating the master bath, decluttering the closets, weeding the flower beds, and hoping that when that bittersweet moment arrives in the next few weeks and the For Sale sign goes up in the yard someone out there will see what we saw and fall in love with this great house.

If you were hoping this first blog entry would provide more details about when we're moving, where, how, etc. I'm sorry to disappoint, but we don't have all that worked out just yet. I guess that just means you'll have to check my new blog again soon!

5 comments:

  1. Look at me!! First to comment!! Pete stopped by today and told us your news. We are SO happy for both of you, but will miss you and all the stories we hear of you via the Crawfords! Good luck in your endeavors and WELCOME to the blogging world! (You're going to love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what to say. I am excited, happy and a little scared for you guys. All the things a Mom experiences when it comes to her children. The main thing you want your children to be is happy and healthy.
    After talking to Matt and he did most of the talking on Saturday I knew that this was a wonderful oppurtunity for him.
    You and he are so good together and I know your faith will help you through this transition.
    John and I will be there to help in any way.
    I am going to enjoy your blog.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I can hear the excitement you are feeling just by reading your blog. Know that you will miss what you are leaving behind, but this is just another adventure for you and Matt to look forward to. Life is a journey and what you guys share together is amazing to witness. Love you both. Keep us posted on futher developments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you have a blog!!! But boo you are leaving :( We must get together soon so I can hear all about this. I can't believe how long its been - I'll call you when I get back in town. Welcome to blog world :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Excited for you! You will love SC and we will miss you!!

    ReplyDelete