Exactly 26 weeks ago, on March 12, 2020 I picked up my first grader and preschooler from school. Today, on September 10, 2020 I took them back as a second grader and kindergartner!!!!
They are going two days a week in person and three days virtually from home. The virtual days went pretty well this week, some tears and frustration (moment of honesty- mostly mine) but overall I was very impressed with how they handled it. Seeing them sitting alone on devices all day made me especially excited that they get to go into the building today to be around friends. There are so many things that you just can't learn from watching a video.
The kids were not looking forward to wearing masks all day (due to their class sizes they will not be allowed to take them off), but they have proven over the last six months how adaptable they are so I'm sure they will adjust to that as well as many other changes this year (no playground, eating lunch in the classroom, etc.).
This year, more than ever, I am in awe of all the educators, administrators, and community support that make the school year a success. Please join me in covering these precious kiddos, their patient teachers, sweet friends, diligent school staff, and stressed out parents in prayer like never before. It feels so good to be back to school!





No comments:
Post a Comment