Monday, July 13, 2020

Life is Better at the Beach



In January, when we thought 2020 was going to be a normal year full of normal things like going to work outside of our home and school for our children... we booked a vacation at our favorite spot in Wild Dunes with some of our favorite beach goers, Matt's parents.  I'll admit, there were times this spring that I had low hopes that this vacation would actually happen, but after weeks of quarantine and knowing that we would be keeping to ourselves at the beach condo too, we went for it.  Some things were unusual, like not eating out at any of our favorite spots this trip, but other things were familiar like splashing in the waves and playing Phase 10.



The weather started off surprisingly cool, rainy, and windy for the first few days, I wished I had packed a sweatshirt, but of course the cold snap didn't stop the kids from swimming and by the end of the week the weather had turned sunny and warm.







We found tons of Whelk conch shells this trip, dug some giant holes on the beach, perfected our Bocce Ball game, and had a perfect surprise reunion with the Bitters family when we realized they were staying on the next island over.






Three Amigos





In the midst of the strangest year ever, the week long escape to such a peaceful spot was restorative for my mental health.  I am so thankful that we were able to take our vacation and soak up the beauty of the beach and think about something other than Corona virus.  God's creation continues to remind me that He is greater and bigger than anything else.






No comments:

Post a Comment