It is "Read Across America Week," which in itself seems strange- shouldn't we always be reading? Hopefully as a nation we are, but I guess it never hurts to make an official declaration and everyone loves a good excuse to celebrate. We love Dr. Seuss... wait, the kids love Dr. Seuss. I'd rather read any other books at bedtime than his nonsense, but of course it's the silly nonsense of his simple rhymes that hooks young minds, and since I'm definitely in favor of turning Kate and Luke into avid readers I happily twist my tongue and repeat myself in the name of good reading fun.
The kids have had all kinds of themed dress up days and parties eating green eggs and ham (green pudding with a vanilla wafer in the middle of it), making oobleck (slime), and wearing wacky outfits.
Kate chose to be Fox In Socks for their character day, Luke dressed in all green as eggs.
 |
| Luke and his buddy Tristan |
 |
| Cat in a Hat, in a basket |
Even if you are not in the USA where we celebrate this national week of reading, I hope that you spend some time getting lost in a good book this week, even better if you have someone cute to share it with!
No comments:
Post a Comment