Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day


Is there a better title than Mom?  It means you are on the biggest adventure of all, that you are leaving your mark on this world and are blessed enough to have someone who loves and needs you and will never forget you.  It has changed me in ways I never knew possible, more than any other event in my life, it is the one with a clear "here's who I was before" and "here is who I am after" and it continues to test and change me with each new stage.

There is such a mix of joy and frustration in this gig.  So thank you, Mom, for putting up with me during the ups and downs, I had no idea how wide a range of emotions you could experience towards a child until I became a mom myself. 




Teaching, guiding, hugging, disciplining, supplying snacks, putting on bandaids, reprimanding, bribing, bathing, dancing, refereeing, dragging to timeouts, reading books, and laughing at the imaginations of these two kiddos is all in a days work.  And sure, I strongly dislike parts of it and wrestle with all kinds of insecurities, guilt, and no one likes to listen to a whiny child... but somehow none of that matters because I'd still say I wouldn't change a single thing.  Even in the most challenging moments of parenting, I'm blown away that these little people are mine to love and raise.


After our long weekend in the Smokies last weekend, we're sticking around the house this weekend catching up on chores and enjoying the first taste of summer heat.  To all the fabulous Moms out there, thank you for giving so much of yourselves to this title we are privileged to call ourselves.  Happy Mother's day!


No comments:

Post a Comment