We had a big first for our family this past week: Kate's first overnight visit to Oma and Opa's by herself! Matt had a meeting in Indianapolis and was driving, so he decided to take along a passenger and drop her off in Northern Kentucky for a few special days and nights of solo Kate and grandparent time. I am so jealous of all the fun snapshots my parents sent me from her trip, baking, playing, seeing baby Hannah, and much more.
 |
| Cousins reunited |
 |
| Wish I could see the Summers family too! |
I was not sure how Kate would do on her own away from us for the first time, but it turns out I had nothing to worry about! She had such a blast she didn't even want to talk to me on the phone when I called to check in on her! My mom told me she proudly told everyone that she was there "without her Mommy and Daddy."
 |
| Of course there were trips to the library with my Mom |
 |
| Such a big girl |
 |
| Yum, mixing up cookie batter |
After Matt picked her up to bring back home, they stayed in Oak Ridge a few nights too visiting Matt's parents.
 |
| Coloring with Grammie |
 |
| Stories and snuggles with Granddaddy |
I'm so proud of her for going on this adventure and I love that she got one on one time with her grandparents. Meanwhile... Luke and I had a pretty fun week too (when he wasn't searching the house for his beloved Kate, which he did every morning). I have never had him to myself for seven days!
 |
| Riding the tram at the zoo |
We were thrilled to have Matt and Kate home on Friday afternoon, however sadly Luke had a fever and stomach bug all weekend that kept him from hanging out with his best pal too much. Kate, on the other hand, still had a fun weekend going to an outdoor movie, a birthday party, and the zoo.
 |
| Popcorn with Madison waiting for the sun to set so the show could start |
 |
| Hide and seek with Charlee |
Sometimes it is hard to believe that Kate is a four year old who is independent enough to go on trips by herself, but this past week proved that she really is growing up. I love seeing her become this little lady who asserts her opinions and knows what she wants. I know she will be going on many more solo adventures and can't wait to hear about all that she discovers along the way, you can do anything sweetheart!
Kate is definitely growing into a independent gal. We enjoyed her so much especially her early morning bedroom sneak attacks. There's nothing quite like having a giggly little girl waking you up.
ReplyDeleteI'm need to get John to help me send the videos of her feeding the ducks and singing the new version of monkeys jumping on the bed. 8 rowers falling out of a boat.
I knew Luke would miss her and I am sorry he was sick. It looks like you two had fun as well.